Access Community Health Centers is one of more than 1,200 community health centers that provide care to more than 20 million people across the United States. Also called Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), community health centers are local, non-profit providers serving low income and medically underserved communities. They provide primary medical, dental, mental health, pharmacy, and other services based on a community's needs.
Federally supported health centers offer accessible and affordable health care with responsibility placed on patients based on their ability to pay. FQHCs costs of care rank among the lowest. With a focus on prevention, these centers reduce the need for more expensive in-patient and specialty care maximizing local charitable resources and saving taxpayer dollars.
Connecting patients to affordable care and removing barriers
Our Sliding Discount Program provides affordable services to patients with the fewest resources. In addition, we provide an array of high-quality services for patients facing barriers to care. In the past year, Access served 25,227 Dane County residents with 117,661 medical, behavioral, and dental visits in our clinics.
- Information and referral
- Health benefits counseling
- Behavioral Health Services
- Assistance with transportation
- Bilingual staff, interpreters, and case management services
We are your Patient Centered Medical Home
Access Community Health Centers is your Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). That means our services put you at the center of your health care by:
- Connecting you with a primary care provider and a full staff of health professionals who are your ongoing partners in understanding and making decisions about your care.
- Offering a team-based, coordinated approach to care that helps you be healthy by preventing issues and managing chronic conditions.
- Providing comprehensive services including preventive and routine medical care, dental care, behavioral health and pharmacy. We also help you to find and coordinate care when you need other services.
- Giving you better access to your providers with convenient hours and after-hour care options as well as tools to access health information through MyChart.
As your medical home, we help you to care for yourself and develop a plan to live a long and healthy life.